Property Management Services
At Tangent, we excel at providing standard property management duties, including check collections, tenant screening and maintenance deployment. Our use of cutting-edge technologies and sound record-keeping practices ease the burden and responsibility placed on owners, while allowing us the time and resources to attend to properties on a more personal level.
We’re methodical with our approach to regular inspections of an owner’s property and grounds to ensure that any potential problems and issues are resolved early on, prior to their evolving into costly and time-consuming projects.
Yet what truly stands us apart from other Portland-area property management firms is our willingness and ability to go above and beyond what's expected. The Tangent team is comprised of real estate and business professionals offering ongoing support and guidance to owners looking to protect their real estate investments, while discovering new ways to maximize their returns.
We adhere to all services you’d expect from a property manager, including:
- Filling vacancies and handling all tenant interactions
- Rent collection and accounting
- Conducting thorough background checks and credit investigations
- Scheduling and ensuring maintenance is performed in a timely manner
- Providing 24-hour emergency service
- Ensuring all documents are prepared and retained so that the tenant/landlord abides by all laws
Additional services we provide
Through our use of cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art record keeping, we provide property owners with the types of data and services designed to help them capitalize on their investments. This includes:
- Using customized software that manages your properties efficiently and cost-effectively
- Providing a detailed interior survey of your property every six months
- Marketing your vacant properties through a variety of channels, including our fully optimized website
- Account statements and funds delivered to owners quicker than most other property management companies
- Maintaining market based rent levels at buildings to maximize income
- Carefully examine all fixed and variable costs to minimize expenses
Our goal as your property manager
As your property manager, our mission is to ensure the stability and health of your investment. This includes ensuring:
- The upkeep of your building and grounds
- Maximizing income and minimizing expenses
- Your tenants are of good moral and financial standing
- Your records are maintained and documented to abide by all laws
- All vacancies are heavily marketed and filled in a reasonable time
We maintain a longstanding relationship with our maintenance crews, allowing us to provide timely quality service.
Our approach to management
While property management can sometimes be about putting out fires, it’s also about instilling solid plans that focus on achieving short-term and long-term goals. As active as we are in the day-to-day operations of your property, we are also as active in improving your net income and looking for ways to increase your asset appreciation. This includes a methodical approach to building inspections and open lines of communication with both tenants and owners.
Our Technology Advantage
Our goal is to provide you with the best service and manage your properties efficiently and effectively. Our team has invested in a complete and modern software solution, AppFolio Property Manager. We are excited to share several of the new capabilities and how they will benefit you.
- More effectively market your properties and fill vacancies sooner. AppFolio allows us to quickly advertise vacancies online, posting to our website, and hundreds of other listing sites. Applicants can also apply right from their smartphones.
- Price rentals right for your market and reduce vacancies. AppFolio’s built-in rental comparison tool provides actual rental rates for units similar to yours in the same geographic location. This insight allows us to maximize your revenue and fill vacancies faster.
- Screen for the best residents. Streamlined, built in resident screening includes standard background and credit checks along with past rent payment history. Screens can be completed in minutes - enabling us to place the highest quality residents quickly.
- You will be paid faster and more securely. New functionality provides our team the ability to deposit funds directly into your bank account. No more waiting for a check in the mail.
- Collect rent faster with online payment options. Modern residents expect easy, online payment options. AppFolio gives residents three convenient ways to pay electronically (Cash, E-check, or with a credit card).
- On-demand access to your statements. Owner statements are securely posted to an online Owners Portal, saving time and paper. These simple statements provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month. We can also include maintenance invoices and additional reports you request.
- Handle property maintenance issues faster. We use AppFolio for electronic work-orders and communication with vendors so we can quickly resolve issues. At your request, we can email you a copy of the work order and relevant information giving you real-time updates.
Owner Statements Available Online
Did you know that you can now access your owner statements online?
- Concise statements covering the performance of your property for the previous month
- All data on your property is stored in a state-of-the-art data center
- Access information about your property 24/7
- Access information about your property from anywhere with an internet connection
How it works:
In order to keep your financials secure, we use a state of the art portal system which communicates with your email.
Each time you wish to view your reports, you must visit the portal and enter in your email address. You will be emailed a single-use link where you can view your statements. This link does not have a time limit, however, it will only work once.
View Owner Statements